City of San Carlos - FAQs


City Clerk's Office

Home > ... > City Clerk > FAQs

Can I have my passport processed at City Hall?
No, unfortunately the City of San Carlos no longer processes passports here at City Hall. For a list of current passport acceptance facilities, please click here.

Can the City Clerk perform marriage ceremonies?
Yes. For more information, please contact the City Clerk at

How can I access City Council agendas, minutes and videos?
The City Council agendas, minutes and videos are available on the City web site on the ePackets web page.

In addition, the City has an email notification service ice that allows interested parties to subscribe to the City Council agendas and several other San Carlos Commissions and Boards. Subscribers will receive an email once a item of their interest is available. Check the eNotify page to subscribe.

How can I get information regarding titles and ownership of property?
Information regarding titles and ownership of property is available at the San Mateo County Recorder's Office at (650) 363-4500.

How can I reach a member of the City Council?

Each City Councilmember has an email address and a voice mail box for messages from the public. Please click on the below link to be directed to the City Council page. From there, you can find a councilmember's contact information simply by clicking on their name.

How can I request that an item be placed on the City Council agenda?
Contact the Mayor and City Council via email- or send a letter to 600 Elm Street, San Carlos, CA 94070 with the request. Be sure to provide full information, name, address and telephone number. Your request will be then be reviewed and considered for placing on a City Council agenda.

How do I get appointed to a Commission or Board?
When there are vacancies on a Commission or Board, the City Council directs the City Clerk to advertise the Commission and Advisory Board Openings. The notice asks any for interested parties to complete an application form and be interviewed by the City Council. Updated information on Commission and Board vacancies is also available from the City Clerk by calling (650) 802-4219.

How do I register to Vote?
 If you are a U.S. citizen and over 18 years of age, you are eligible to register to vote. Voter registration cards are available from the City Clerk's office. Pick up from the second floor office at City Hall or call (650) 802-4219. If a person makes any change in his/her name, address or political party, he/she must re-register.

When and where does the City Council meet?
Unless otherwise noted, the City Council meets on the second and fourth Monday of each month at 7:00 P.M. in the Council Chambers, City Hall, 600 Elm Street, San Carlos, CA 94070.

When is the next Municipal Election?
Municipal Elections in San Carlos are held on even-numbered years in November. 

Who is on the City Council?

The City Council consists of five Council Members. The appointment of the Mayor and Vice Mayor changes each year and is decided by a vote of the five Council Members. To see our current Council, please click on the link below: